I have one habit that has changed my life.
I am sincere. It has removed worry,
revealed my selfish thinking,
reminded me that the most important things are not things,
given me peace in trouble,
and brought genuine joy in the midst of hardship.
Maybe you’ve already guessed what this habit is?
It is reading God’s Word – the Bible. Years ago I made it my daily practice to read God’s Word – at least something, even if a only a few verses – every day of the year.
The battleground we all fight on is in our mind and reading the Bible can truly transform your thinking! Look what God said to Joshua ~
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8
If you need success over worry, you need more of God’s Word!
If you want to succeed over anxiety, you need more of God’s Word!
If want success instead of defeat during your trial, you need more of God’s Word!
If you need more peace, you need more of God’s Word!
We would all be better with more of God’s Word!
Let me encourage you…
- If you’ve never had the habit of 365 days in the Bible, start today!
- If you’re not sure where to read, follow a plan using the You Version Bible app. There are plenty there to choose from!
- You could read through the Proverbs every day, using the date of the month to guide you as to the chapter you read. On January 3rd, you would read Proverbs 3 and so on.
- If you’ve never read the Bible, I would encourage you to start in one of the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke or John to get a clear perspective on Christ, the theme of the entire Bible!
- If you miss a day, it’s okay – just start again the next day. If it helps you to have a reminder on your phone, make one!
- I find it best to start my day in God’s Word. I want it to be in my heart so I can meditate on it all day. Do what works best for you to get the most out of it.
- Before you read, pray and ask God to speak to you and teach you Truth. He will!
- Write down what you learn! You might think you won’t forget it, but you will. Make a simple note in a notebook. You’ll be amazed when you get to the end of the year to look back on the Truth that has helped you grow!
Will you accept the challenge to read God’s Word every day of 2020 and see if it changes your life?