One year I made a greeting card for my son-in-law’s birthday and wrote on the inside,
“May you live every day of your life.”
Some folks just don’t know how to do that. Do you? It simply means to get the most out of every day – to enjoy the moment! Do you know how to do that or do you merely slug your way through each week and each month of the year? Do you know how to seize the moment? My husband is so good at this and he helps make our days so enjoyable because of it!
If you’re not following what I’m talking about, here are a few examples ~
- Take a nap when a rainstorm brews up
- Stop for ice cream when you’re on your way home from church
- Enjoy a free outdoor concert on Friday night instead of staying home to watch television
- Make a run to get french fries – even though it’s after 10:00 pm!
A good way to give you some ideas for living every day is to look at what the National Days are and take your cue from them. This Thursday is July the 1st. Listed below are some National Days for the month of July:
July 1 – National Creative Ice cream Flavors Day – You could whip up a batch of homemade ice cream and try a new flavor!
July 4 – Of course we know it’s Independence day but it’s also National Barbecue Ribs day! Don’t grill hamburgers!
July 6 – National Fried Chicken Day – Go out for your favorite version of fried chicken!
July 10 – National Kitten Day – If you’ve thought of adopting a kitten, today would be the day to jump on that! Or you could visit a pet store or just buy a special toy for your cat!
July 15 – National Cow Appreciation Day – You could:
- Make chocolate milk for your children
- Take them to Chick-Fil-A where cute cows pictures are everywhere!
- Cook hamburgers or steaks out on the grill
July 17 – National Peach Ice Cream Day – You could:
- Make your own homemade ice cream
- Stop in and order your favorite flavors at an ice cream shop
- Buy a half gallon and a box of cones at the grocery store and invite friends over
July 22 – National Hammock Day – Dig out the hammock and set it up in a shady spot!
July 24th – National Tell an Old Joke Day – You could:
- Take your children to the library and let them check out joke books. Let everyone find one to share at suppertime
July 24th is also – National Amelia Earhart Day – Why not go to the airport and watch planes take off and land?
July 29th – National Lasagna Day
July 30th – National Cheesecake Day
July 31st – National Father-in-law Day – Do something special for your father-in-law today! If nothing else, just give him a call and tell him you appreciate him!
So, go ahead and live today, Friend! The Lord gave you this day. Honor Him in all you do, and enjoy the day He made. The greatest joys are eternal ones, found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Without Him all of life is simply vain. When we know Him we have fellowship with our Savior, times in His Word and prayer, Scripture memory, and fellowship with believers, to name just a few of the eternal joys!
I’m looking into creating a holiday of my own – National Comment on a Blog Day. It’s today! So why not stop in and say hello and tell me you were here! It might not make your day special, but it will sure be a blessing to mine! =)
Thanks for taking time to read! I do appreciate you so!
I hope you’re making plans to be refreshed in your local church this Sunday. As my husband told someone this week, “You can’t practice all the One another’s if you’re not with one another!'”