When I need a quick meal idea, I love to make fish. It thaws quickly and it cooks quickly. I found a great, healthy way to make crispy fish without frying it. The recipe came from none other than my favorite source – Cooking Light! The Panko crumbs give it its crunch and the lemon dill sauce adds a great flavor to the fish! Here’s the easy recipe…
Crispy Fish with Lemon Dill Sauce
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges
- Step 1 Preheat broiler to high.
- Step 2 Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Combine panko, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt. Dip each fillet in egg white, then dredge in panko mixture; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Step 3 Combine mayonnaise, pickle, lemon juice, and dill. Serve with fish and lemon wedges.
This was an easy recipe, and like most all fish, it enabled me to have dinner ready in minutes! I added a homemade coleslaw and a mac and cheese dish I had frozen from another meal.
Fish is a great menu option, especially when it’s this good! Add it to your menu plan when you need something yummy in a hurry!
For other fish recipes, you should try this Barbecued Shrimp, these Salmon Croquettes with Herb sauce or these Roasted Salmon Tacos!