I love sheet pan dinners for four reasons:
- The roasted vegetables get crispy and sweet in the oven!
- They’re so easy!
- They’re fast!
- They’re sooo good!
I made this new Sheet pan meal last week and we loved it! It was ready in under 30 minutes! The Paprika Vinaigrette adds a really nice flavor to the sausage and vegetables. Wow, this is just a great recipe!! It’s great for a week night, but would also be good for company!
I tweaked the recipe to my liking and it is as follows. You could change up the vegetables, or choose to use beef or chicken sausage, if you desire. It’s super-easy to make it just the way you or your family would prefer.
I added a tossed salad and toasted bread to complete the meal.
Turkey Kielbasa & Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 small red onion, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 15 fresh Brussels sprouts, stem trimmed and cut in half
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 oz Fully cooked Turkey Kielbasa, sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Prep all the vegetables and place in a large bowl. sheet pan. Toss the vegetables in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.Place in the oven for 15 minutes
Meanwhile slice the sausage
Toss the vegetables with a spatula. Then place the sausage pieces over the cooked vegetables. Place back in the oven for an additional 12 minutes
Remove the pan out of the oven and drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables and sausage. Toss to coat.
To prep ahead:
I cut up all the vegetables and drizzled them with olive oil early in the afternoon. It made the preparation so easy when it was time to get supper in the oven!
Have you tried a sheet pan dinner yet? If not, this would be a great one to get your started!
Refresh dinner with something so fast and delicious!
When is it suitable to serve a sandwich for supper? When it is as hearty as this one!
In the recent Southern living magazine, my mom found the recipe for this Patty Melt￼￼ Continue reading “A Fancy Sandwich for Supper”
No matter if you love to cook or if you dread it, there are times when we all would rather not have to mess in the kitchen to prepare supper. Busy schedules, sickness, or a change in plans can all make it hard to pull a meal together. At those kinds of times, it’s always good to have a plan you can fall back on. Here are 5 favorite tips for a meal in a hurry ~
- Have breakfast for supper. Make omelets, pancakes or waffles. Add some bacon and some fruit and you have a filling and fast dinner!
- Keep Canned Salmon in your pantry. Sam’s Club has a really delicious canned salmon that is perfect for these Salmon Croquettes.
- Make small corn cakes in a skillet. Make up a cream gravy to pour on top. If you have cooked chicken in the freezer, you can add that to the gravy.
- Add meat (cooked chicken breast or browned beef or ground turkey) to a green salad for a healthy and fast supper!
- Don’t throw those one helping leftovers away! Put them in freezer safe containers and label them well. When you have several options, thaw them and let your family “order supper: from the leftover menu! Everyone will have something different and you didn’t have to cook a thing!
As you can see from my suggestions, I believe having an extra freezer is such a time and money saver! If you don’t have one, I’d strongly encourage you to consider it, if you have space for one in a garage or basement. My suggestions concerning a freezer:
- Buy an upright, rather than a chest style. They’re easier to get into and easier to keep organized.
- Buy the more expensive frost free one! You’ll be really glad you did!!
Aside from carry out, what’s your best tip for getting a meal on the table on busy days?
With love from my country kitchen,
We absolutely love Mexican food at our house! Recently when I needed a quick supper, I whipped up a Chicken Quesadilla that was fast, filling and fantastic!
As I’ve said many times, one little trick to fixing a quick meal is having cooked chicken, beef or turkey in your freezer. There are so many options for fast meals if the protein Continue reading “Quesadillas – Fast, Filling & Fantastic”