Who doesn’t love a good coffee cake? This one was declared by my husband recently to be “The best coffee cake ever!” It has everything a good one needs – a nice cake texture and a high pile of buttery crumbs on top. All this recipe needs is a good cup of hot coffee Continue reading “The BEST New York Crumb Cake”
As I make my preparations for a more “simple” Christmas this year, I’m reminded that giving gifts from what you love is the best kind of gift to share. If I do what I love – I bake and the receiver knows that it was prepared especially for them with lots of (L)oven from my oven!
I have many recipes on my blog that I have given away, and I’m going to compile a short list of some of my favorites for you today. These are simple to make and are LOVED by those that receive them. Let’s get shopping/baking…
- Nutty Orange Coffee Cake – – This is a fancier form of Monkey Bread. It’s made from canned biscuits, cream cheese and cinnamon and sugar. It’s pretty, it’s easy to make and is so good it became a Christmas tradition for our breakfast!
- Cranberry Crumble – Another great coffee cake that anyone would LOVE to receive!
- French Bread Loaves – A good old crusty bread tied up in a linen kitchen towel is as lovely as it is delicious!
- Homemade Granola – Gifted in a jar with a pretty ribbon, this granola is perfect for any breakfast lover!
- Cream Cheese Coffee Cakes – These are more like Danishes and who doesn’t love a Cream Cheese Danish???? This recipe makes four, so it really makes great use of your time in the kitchen!
- Deep Dish Hershey Brownies – This is my family’s favorite brownie recipe and I’ve made them for years. Any chocolate lover will be delighted to receive a plate of these!
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn – This is the easiest caramel popcorn! It makes a nice pile of popcorn for the snacker on your list!
You can also go here for a list of some fabulous cookies to bake up and place in cellophane bags or pretty Christmas tins.
Food is a wonderful gift of love from your oven to the recipient. Get baking and finish your gift list!
Which of these recipes will you make and give away?
With love from my country kitchen,