It’s warming up pretty consistently here in East Tennessee. These are perfect opportunities to have a fun date with your spouse! Need some ideas? Here are a few fun ones to get you started:
- Get outside and work in the yard together. Clean up any leaves from fall. Mow the grass, sweep the sidewalks and driveway. See if you could use some new shrubbery. Celebrate the beautiful yard with a Frosted Lemonade at Chick-Fil-A or an ice cream cone at Dairy Queen!
- Take a bike ride on one of the local trails.
- Go for a breakfast picnic. Be aware of the morning dew and take a towel or blanket to sit on or wipe down the table.
- Take a hike on a mountain trail.
- Take a drive in the country with the windows down.
- Go to Lowe’s or any other paint store and pick out a color for a room in your house or a piece of furniture that needs some refreshing. Do the project together.
- Build a fire in the fire pit in the evening.
- Play a yard game like croquet, Frisbee, or badminton.
- Wash the car together.
- Go to the park and fly a kite.
- Sit outside and watch the sunset from your porch swing.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood hand in hand.
- Go to a local drive-in like Sonic and enjoy lunch in the car with the windows down.
- Go to yard sales and find items you need to make your porch inviting!
- Find a little town you’d like to spend the day investigating and have a whole day away shopping, having coffee, and just walking its streets.
There are some ideas to get you started! What springtime dates have you planned? Remember, most times together won’ just happen! You have to be intentional!
Happy Spring Date night!