Early yesterday morning I sat at my kitchen table with my Bible and coffee cup. I love my kitchen at that time of day because the sun shines in the French doors onto the kitchen table and the seats around it. As I studied and prayed, I was reminded of the reason we worship on Sunday, the first day of the week. Matthew 28:1 tells us that “early in the morning, as it began to dawn on the first day of the week came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.” This was Resurrection Day, and ever since then we worship on Sunday to remember our Lord rising from the tomb. As the sun hit my face I thanked the Lord for the Truth of that day and how the fact that Jesus lives continues to impact every Sunday – and every other day.
· I can hear Him speak to me when I go to church.
· I can hear Him speak to me in my personal devotions.
· I have reason to sing and praise Him!
· I know He will hear me when I pray.
· I don’t have to worry about the future.
· I have a future full of promise!
· I know He’ll take care of me today.
· I have purpose for the day.
· I have a message to share with others!