Who hasn’t tasted a Pop Tart at some time in their life? It’s a breakfast staple for many college students (bless their hearts!). My husband remembers during his college days, he would put his Pop Tart on top of his study lamp while he was in the shower, and then come back 10 minutes later to his “hot breakfast!”
While looking at King Arthur’s web site recently, I came across their recipe for Tasty Toaster Tarts – their version of homemade Pop Tarts! So, while in my experimenting mode, I went to the kitchen and made a batch. Hello!!!! These are so good! I am not a fan of the store-bought version, but I think I could eat these for every meal! I made the Brown Sugar/Cinnamon recipe. Are you ready for a look at the result?
- Text him a personal love note – not tacked onto the “buy milk on your way home.” Make it just a sweet and thoughtful note.
- Buy him some little something when you go to the grocery store. Maybe his favorite snack or special treat.
- Buy a card and leave it for him to find in his car.
- Call and invite him to join you for a picnic lunch on one of these pretty spring days.
- Wash his car for him.
- Make a list of things you can say, “thank you” for:
- Thank you for working hard to provide for our family
- Thank you for making me laugh
- Thank you for your godly leadership of our children
- Thank you for taking care of yourself to stay healthy
- Make some of these Toaster Tarts and leave a sweet note beside them!