I have always looked forward to the mid-week service. What a blessing to be encouraged with corporate time in the Word, prayer and fellowship in the middle of the week. So many Christians miss this special service because they’re too tired, but honestly, when I’ve had a rough week and go ahead to Wednesday night services, I am energized!
Do your plans include prayer meeting tonight? Why not decide right now to head to church this evening? Extract something from your day, if you can, to make it easier to get to church. Excite your children about going! Perhaps you could:
- Have a supper of only leftovers on Wednesdays. Everyone gets to pick what they’d like to have from the fridge!
- Pick up a $5 Hot and Ready pizza for supper.
- If you homeschool, lighten the school load on Wednesdays.
- Don’t schedule appointments or extra curricular activities for Wednesday.
- Have a tradition of having a special dessert or popcorn on Wednesday night after getting home from church. Use that time to talk to your family about the service.