Happy February! Seasonal decorations make home fun for our families. It communicates life, care and spontaneity. You don’t have to go crazy, but just little touches here and there make it special!
Here are some of my Valentine’s Day touches around the house…
The mantle in our bedroom…
I moved my chalkboard upstairs because I needed a tall picture to offset all the little things. I enjoy doodling on that board sooo much! And it’s good to remember that God does love us so much!
A simple banner is hung in the dining area. I have a fresh arrangement on the table, too. I love buying fresh flowers in the winter – it reminds me of the life of spring, just around the corner!
In the kitchen I just added a couple of my heart-shaped cookie cutters to the centerpiece on the island…
The living room…
I made a banner from scrapbooking paper and twine.
A little soft lighting for the bookcase…
These are all simple additions to add Valentine touches without overkill.
It’s fun to have seasonal decor – even if you just add a centerpiece on the kitchen table. It’s the little things that your family will appreciate and remember.
- You could fill a mug with a heart on it with carnations.
- Fill a mason jar with candy conversation hearts. Tie A ribbon around the neck of the jar.
- Line up your red mugs on a shelf.
- Use heart-shaped doilies as a banner. Use tiny clothespins to hang them on a piece of twine.
- Spray paint small branches white and attach small pink and red hearts. Place the branch in a white basket or vase.
- Set out your February magazines on the coffee table or add red covered books to your bookshelf.
- My Scrabbble tiles on the coffee table are used as part of my decor, too. What message could you leave for your family?
Of course Pinterest has hundreds of great ideas for you to get inspiration from! The point is to just do something because everyone loves Valentine’s Day!
What do you do to decorate for Valentine’s Day?