It’s springtime!! Woo hoo!! It’s time to clean off the porches so they’re ready to greet your family and friends. After a long winter, they need some good overhaul to be fresh and inviting! Here’s what I do:
- Sweep off the whole area – porch, steps, and driveway.
- Dust the corners, and wipe down any furniture on the porch.
- Clean the glass door with glass cleaner. Do it when the sun isn’t shining on it – that will help prevent streaks.
- Look at your door mat. If it looks weary, tired and dirty, replace it with a fresh, spring-y rug.
- Add a spring wreath.
- Add a little touch of something green.
- Add a garden flag or stepping stone
One thing I love to do in spring and summer is walk through the garden area at Lowe’s! I get so excited about adding flowers, herbs and all things green to my yard when it turns warm! Though it is the time to get the front porch in shape, NOW is NOT the time to add annuals because we’re still dealing with dipping temperatures.
Remember that even if you don’t come in your front door, that’s what your guests will see first, so let it give them a grand welcome!
What will you do to make your porch inviting?
3 thoughts on “Refresh Your Porches for Spring”
How did you hang your wreath on your front door? I’m not seeing an over the door hanger.
It is hung by a magnetic hanger. The magnet goes on either side of the glass and is super strong! It came from Lowe’s.
LikeLiked by 1 person