No matter if you love to cook or if you dread it, there are times when we all would rather not have to mess in the kitchen to prepare supper. Busy schedules, sickness, or a change in plans can all make it hard to pull a meal together. At those kinds of times, it’s always good to have a plan you can fall back on. Here are 5 favorite tips for a meal in a hurry ~
- Have breakfast for supper. Make omelets, pancakes or waffles. Add some bacon and some fruit and you have a filling and fast dinner!
- Keep Canned Salmon in your pantry. Sam’s Club has a really delicious canned salmon that is perfect for these Salmon Croquettes.
- Make small corn cakes in a skillet. Make up a cream gravy to pour on top. If you have cooked chicken in the freezer, you can add that to the gravy.
- Add meat (cooked chicken breast or browned beef or ground turkey) to a green salad for a healthy and fast supper!
- Don’t throw those one helping leftovers away! Put them in freezer safe containers and label them well. When you have several options, thaw them and let your family “order supper: from the leftover menu! Everyone will have something different and you didn’t have to cook a thing!
As you can see from my suggestions, I believe having an extra freezer is such a time and money saver! If you don’t have one, I’d strongly encourage you to consider it, if you have space for one in a garage or basement. My suggestions concerning a freezer:
- Buy an upright, rather than a chest style. They’re easier to get into and easier to keep organized.
- Buy the more expensive frost free one! You’ll be really glad you did!!
Aside from carry out, what’s your best tip for getting a meal on the table on busy days?
With love from my country kitchen,