When I make up my weekly menu, I look at what I have on hand and look for recipes that use those items. Last week I had fresh broccoli in the fridge and I had some ham slices in the freezer. When I was looking at my Pinterest boards for healthy recipes, I came across a pin for a Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche on Skinny Taste’s site. She has such delicious, healthy recipes! This one joined the ranks of favorites!
I used Swiss cheese as my cheese option and it was so good with that ham! Steaming the broccoli just a couple of minutes gave it tenderness without being super limp or soggy. This whole recipe is just delicious! I also prepped the ingredients ahead of time because I was working outside on my back porch and wanted supper to be easy to complete.
To make ahead, I chopped the broccoli and ham and grated the cheese and then set all that in the fridge. I mixed up the custard ingredients and set that bowl in the fridge. All I had to do 45 minutes before suppertime was assemble it in my pie plate.
Here’s Skinny Taste’s recipe:
Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups diced ham steak or leftover ham, 9 oz
- 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh grated Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the to 350F degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Evenly spread the broccoli in the dish and top it evenly with the ham.
- Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Pour the custard into the dish and top with Swiss Cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.
I served this at supper with a side salad, toasted bread and fresh fruit. It would also be perfect menu item for brunch!
This recipe is 5 points on the Blue WW plan and 6 on the Green Plan.