As our world continues its restrictions and we all find our daily life in a new routine, I wonder if you’re feeling a bit lost? I’ve been getting up and asking,
“What should I do today? How should I spend my time?”
My flesh (my heart) tells me one thing, the Spirit of God another. Sadly, I haven’t always listened and obeyed God’s voice. Why? The pull of the flesh is strong! My heart wants me to be lazy, comfortable, at ease, and not pushed into hard things!
It’s so easy to believe that ~
- I deserve a little extra sleep!
- I’m too busy to stop and pray.
- It doesn’t matter if I don’t get to _____ or ______. No one is going to see it but my family!
- I’m too exhausted to even think about working on a Bible study.
- I never was good at memorizing things; forget trying to memorize Scripture!