Hello Friends! A new month is before us and our sabbatical is behind us! I’m happy to be returning to daily weekday posts once again. My heart is full and I’m ready to write, so I hope you’ll stick around to read!
And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while:
As I sit here on the last day of our sabbatical reflecting over this past month, my heart is truly overwhelmed. It’s not the kind of overwhelmed that makes you feel desperate due to trouble, but it’s the kind that takes your breath away because you are so grateful.
My gratitude is directed at you, Boones Creek Bible Church –
- To each of you who realized the need for your pastor to have a time to rest. We are abundantly blessed.
- To those of you who stepped in and took responsibilities not normally your own so that your pastor and wife could be away for a period of time. We are grateful.
- To each who provided a gift card, a baked good, a treasure from your kitchen, a monetary gift, a place to go and rest, a treat, a game for the yard, music to listen to, and coffee or favorite beverage to sip. We are full.
- To those who sent notes in the mail to say you missed us. We are touched.
- To those who had to send an obligatory text to accomplish a task, and apologized for it. We understand.
- To each of you who prayed for us while we were gone. We are nearer to God.
- To those who prayed our marriage would be even better. We are closer.
- To those who asked God to speak to us through His Word. We are deeper.
- For each who wanted to call or stop by, but didn’t because you wanted to be understanding. We are rested.
- For those who wondered if we’d ever be back…we are refreshed and we are ready!
You have given us a precious gift, and my heart is full to overflowing with gratitude. I write this post to say thank you, and to tell you all it’s meant to us, because when I see you on Sunday I’m sure the tears will get in the way.
I know that we are uniquely blessed. Thank you from the bottom of my (rested) heart.