Your bedroom might not be a place you get to spend much time, but when you are in there, it should be a bit of a haven for you (and your spouse, if you’re married). If your bedroom doesn’t necessarily refresh your heart when you walk inside, I have a challenge for you!
Today let me encourage you in a practical thing you can do to refresh yourself. Walk into your bedroom and take look around. Is it restful? Is it inviting? Or do you want to slam the door and turn and run because it’s become a cluttered nightmare instead of a peaceful getaway? You can fix that – today.
- Remove the clutter.
- Clear off tabletops and dressers.
- Pick up loose items and put them away.
- Hang clothes on their hangers.
- After you’ve de-cluttered, give your room a good cleaning.
- Dust, vacuum, and polish, then make sure the bed is made each day – after all it takes up a good amount of space in the room. If it’s unmade, the whole room will seem messy, even if the rest is sparkling!
- Look at Pinterest or magazine pictures of beautiful bedrooms that you love and see what you can do to copy the photo. You will be amazed at the things you’ll find just by shopping in your own house, items to bring into your room to make it inviting and cozy. It might be a lamp, a few wall hangings, a plant, a bedside table, or a rug.
You will sleep better in a bedroom that is clean and rid of clutter. Your bedroom should be a place that feels like a bit of a retreat. You will love spending time in there…and you’ll be refreshed!
If you don’t have time to tackle the whole room at one time, set the timer and work for 30 minutes on the spot that is the most bothersome. Then tomorrow, add 30 more minutes effort! By a few day’s time, you’ll have a place you love to return to!
Do you love or hate your bedroom space right now?