We are so thankful for God’s grace to us in our daily lives, aren’t we? We know what it looks like – grace forgives, helps, restores, equips, guides, and restores. But what would grace in marriage look like? Let’s put it in a practical light of how you and I can practice grace in our marriage relationship today.
- Pray daily for your mate – Find Bible passages to pray for him and watch how God answers!
- Regularly learn about him – Things are constantly changing. What do you need to learn?
- Find new ways to serve him – Be the one with the biggest servant’s heart. If you want to be great, serve.
- Look for ways to surprise him – Find something that would be a blessing and do it when he least expects it.
- Withhold criticism about him – Keep it from your thoughts, conversations to others or him.
- Touch him – No one else but you can.
- Respect him – To his face, behind his back, tell others why you respect the man you chose to marry.
- Affirm him – Remind him that you’re on his team, no matter what.
- Forgive –Call a truce in a disagreement – Hold out both your hands to him, look him in the eye and say what you would want to hear…”I’m sorry. Let’s make up.”
- Be cheerful – Be the reason he’s glad he came home!
You may have screamed, “He doesn’t deserve __________.” That’s why it’s called grace. Do it for him like God does it for you.
As I close out this blogging week, I’m going to share with you the first broadcast from Refresh Her that aired on WHCB Radio last Saturday. You can hear the broadcast live each Saturday at 3:45. This is 15 minutes long, so find the best way to take the time to listen – perhaps on your phone while you’re doing another task or getting ready for the day. Click below to listen!
Is this broadcast something you might like me to post each week? I’m curious if there would be enough interest to find a way to post the broadcast after it has aired on the radio station. Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Also, how will you show grace in your marriage today?