Happy November Eve! There’s a reason I’m posting a second post on this October 31! Read on!
As we stare into the beginning of this month in which we celebrate
I thought it might be a good idea to think about how we can maximize being thankful for these thirty days! It’s too easy to jump into Christmas mode and only give a nod to being grateful for all God has given us in His grace. So, let me share a few practical ways you can focus on being thankful starting today!
- I’ve signed up to join Revive Our Heart for the 30-Day Gratitude Challenge. You have to sign up before November 1! So I’m posting my blog a day early so you won’t miss out!! This will help me to really be intentional in being thankful!
- Show your family gratitude. I’m re-doing something I’ve done in the past to show my husband know how grateful I am for him. I drew this simple tree on the bathroom mirror. Each day I’ll add a leaf stating one reason I thank God for him. The first year I did this my husband said he was going to Lowe’s to buy a bigger mirror! It made me smile, because I knew it had hit a chord in his heart. I love him too much not to let him know exactly why!
- Chalkboards are great ways to express daily thanks. Set one on the counter of your kitchen and each day have your family write another thing for which they can give thanks.
- Or you could draw a tree on a chalkboard, like my bathroom tree and add leaves of thanks, like below.
- Keep a thankfulness journal in which you only write your thanks – no requests.
Let’s be intentional every single day this month to be thankful to the Lord…He is the Giver of everything and He deserves our praise!