In my post this week, I referenced having to learn to embrace imperfection in my home. Does that mean then, that I can just “let things go?” Watch the video to find the answer.
Find the referenced post here.
Were these tips helpful? Do you do these suggestions already?
Refresh your home!
Cracker Barrel calls them Eggs in a Basket – they are simply eggs cooked inside a small hole in a piece of toast! It’s like a breakfast package! They’re great to fix for your family because you’re making the toast and the egg in one step! Here’s a little video demonstrating how easy and fast they are to make!
Eggs in a Basket
- Melt 1-2 Tbl butter in skillet
- Cut hole in bread slice, using a biscuit cutter or small glass.
- Crack egg into the hole in the bread. Place bread rounds in pan to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, then flip toast over and cook until egg is cooked to your preference.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you make these at home? They’re so good, and children love them!
I LOVE watching the British Bake-Off on Netflix! Recently the technical challenge was…Angel Food Cake! I smiled as I watched some of them grease their pans, wonder how stiff to beat the egg whites, and what to do with the dry ingredients. I only knew because I’d recently made one! But it’s really not difficult at all!
I’d love to show you my technique! So here’s a speedy video of making an angel food cake. You can pause the video at any time if you need to see something a little more closely! I hope this helps and encourages you to make an Angel Food really soon!
I don’t know what Paul or Mary would think of my finished product, but we enjoyed it!!
Happy Friday, friends! This has been a packed week, but filled with lots of fun blessings! Let me share some of them with you:
I held my first Apples of Gold Workshop last night. It was a class to teach how to make Pumpkin Rolls and Pies! We had eight ladies attend and we had SOOOO much fun!
The pictures below show
- The calm after the (flour) storm! Every lady rolled out pie dough and we covered every inch of my island with our flour, dough and fillings. It was so great!
- Cutie Pies as I call them, because aren’t they cute?! Each lady made a pie in a Mason Jar lid and everyone was so creative and did a fantastic job. They got to eat the fruit of their labors, of course!
- I demonstrated the technique of making a sponge cake and rolling it up and filling it. Pumpkin Roll is loved by many and can be made ahead and frozen, making it a great dessert for Thanksgiving dinner!
I bought some little plastic silver coffee spoons at the Dollar Tree and turned them into Chocolate Spoons for coffee or hot chocolate for when you want to turn your beverage into a bit of a dessert. They would make great gifts, attached to hot chocolate packets and slid into seasonal bags!
I encouraged the ladies last night to use this holiday season to share the Gospel. Bake up something or fix these spoons up and give them to a neighbor or co-worker and tell them you trust this will be good, but one thing we can always count on is that God is good (Psalm 34:8) and share the Gospel with them!
Then lastly, I did a quick video of my OOTD (Outfit of the day) . You can check out my You tube channel under Denise Cunningham and subscribe so you’ll be notified each time I upload a video. You can just click on the You Tube Icon on the video below and it will take you to my channel. I’m thinking of adding some Christmas prep videos in the next few weeks, that you won’t want to miss!
I have a little video of the Chocolate Spoon tutorial that will be posted later today! I hope you’ll come check it out on my channel.
What have you been up to, what are you wearing and how are you experiencing the blessings of the Lord this week?