Once a week I like to indulge in a breakfast with a little something sweet. I recently came across a recipe that I loved! Also, muffins with a struesel topping are always a favorite of mine. That crunchy, sweet topping adds a nice crunch and sweetness that make them perfect for breakfast or snacking.
I found this recipe at The Baker Mamma I only made one small change to the recipe. I used half whole wheat flour and half white. These were so good! It’s nice to eat a healthier muffin that has some of my favorite ingredients – Greek yogurt, oatmeal and chocolate! It was the perfect non-guilty indulgence!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour – I used half white, half wheat
- 1–1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside. (I found that this batter made 16 muffins)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and Greek yogurt. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among greased muffins cups, filling each one almost full.
- In a small bowl, stir together the struesel ingredients with a fork until well coated in the oil. Place a heaping tablespoon of streusel over the batter in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until muffins start to turn golden brown and streusel is crisp. Let muffins cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely or enjoy.
If you make these muffins, be sure not to omit the streusel topping! It takes them to the next level!
What is your breakfast indulgence?