Hey friend, did you pray for your husband today?
“Well, of course!” you say,
but how specifically did you pray? It’s easy to pray for his safety and spiritual growth, but beyond that, we might not really know what to ask the Lord to do for him and in him.
Today I’m sharing a list of 15 things to pray for your husband, with Scripture verses to use as your prayer guide. For instance, as you pray that your husband lives in accordance to God’s plan for his life, according to Ephesians 4, you could pray,
Lord, as Paul, a prisoner of the Lord prayed that those at Ephesus would walk worthy of the vocation to which they’d been called, please help Dale to walk a life worthy of his calling to the ministry, to his calling as a husband, a father and a grandfather. May he serve with lowliness, meekness and longsuffering. Help him to forbear with others with Christlike love.
Praying in this way is powerful, because we are praying in God’s will from His Word. Here’s the whole list of requests and Scripture passages ~
Praying for your husband
- That he lives in accordance with God’s plan for his life (Ephesians 4:1-2)
- That he would lean on Christ in his trials (Psalm 46:1)
- That he would be a man of integrity. (Prov 11:3)
- That he would not fall to temptation. (I Cor. 10:13)
- That he would be a man of prayer. (I Thess. 5:17)
- That he would be a man of discernment. (Phil 1:9,10)
- That he would love like Christ. (Eph 5:22-23)
- That he would grasp his purpose in Christ. (Rom 8:28)
- That he would trust the Lord to be his strength (Ps 28:7)
- That he would be surrounded by godly men. (Prov 13:20)
- That he would grow spiritually. (II Peter 3:17, 18)
- That he would have a humble, teachable spirit (Proverbs 15:33)
- That he would be quick to forgive (Ephesians 4:32)
- That he would guard His Heart (Proverbs 4:23)
- That he would continue to lead and that God would be glorified in your marriage (Ephesians 5:25-29)
Wouldn’t you want someone to pray specifically like that for you? It might even be a really good idea to show the list to your husband and let him know how you’re praying. What a sacrifice of love for your mate!
Print off this page and keep it in your prayer journal or Bible so it will be at your fingertips.
Refresh the heart of your husband with your prayers,