Top 10 things I always purchase with coupons
These are things I never buy without pairing a coupon and a sale. They are easy to get at a reasonable price, sometimes even FREE. =)
- Salad dressing
- Pasta sauce
- Fruit snacks
- Condiments: BBQ sauce, mustard, relish
- Campbells soup
- Dish detergent
- Laundry detergent/fabric softener
|Using coupons with a sale, I got these boxes of cereal for $1.25 each!|
Additionally, these are things that we use in larger quantities than other groceries. The key is to get coupons for things you buy often! If you need help finding coupons for something, let me know!
Top 5 things I buy at Aldi
These are things that I either cannot find coupons for, or that I need more often than I can afford to stock up when they are on sale.
- Fresh Produce and Vegetables
- Juice – sometimes juice is just over $1 at Aldi, which is a great price.
- Mexican food (tortillas, taco seasoning, nacho cheese)
- Cereal Bars/Granola Bars
- Soups for cooking (cream of mushroom, etc.)
If there is not an Aldi in your area, you may find that Sam’s, Costco or a place like SaveMore foods works well for your needs. Be careful though, sometimes things are much more expensive at “discount” stores.
Top 5 things I can’t buy with coupons
Let’s face it – there are just some products for which you cannot find coupons!
- Ice cream! *Disclaimer – you CAN find coupons for ice cream, but I rarely use them. I do choose the brand that is the best deal, but still… my need for ice cream supersedes my need to be thrifty.
That’s it for this week! Come back next Thursday for some tips on time management.