Bread. It is the sustenance of life. Winter soups need breadsticks for dipping. Pasta needs a breadstick for sopping up sauce, and Sunday roasts need one to mop up gravy. Am I right?
I’m always on the search for a better roll, fluffier biscuit or quicker breadstick. One day this winter when I was making my Cheese Ravioli with Tomatoes, I found this recipe on Pinterest, at Genius Kitchen and had to give it a try because the reviews were fabulous. I halved the recipe and it was perfect for a couple of meals. Oh, these are good. These are fast. These need to be in your recipe file!
Soft, Quick Breadsticks
- Make dough using your favorite method- bread machine, mixer or by hand.
- Roll out into a 10×12 inch rectangle.
- Cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide.
- Give each strip a twist and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for at least 20 minutes or more if you have time.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
The next time you make anything that has sauce of any kind, you need to whip this recipe up. I’m ditching every other breadstick recipe and keeping this one. You should too!
What kind of meal would you make these breadsticks to accompany? Are you a “dipper?”