It amazes me how cheaply, yet how well we can eat at home. A dinner of a pound of shrimp would be pretty high at a restaurant. Last week I made Tandoori Grilled Shrimp Skewers for under $10. We got four FULL skewers and two meals out of it, and was it ever scrumptious!! Also, as I always say, fish is a super fast meal. Because these were grilled, my kitchen didn’t even get heated up. Is that enough positives to make you want to try them for yourself?
This marinade is a lighter version and only needs 15 minutes to coat the shrimp and make it so flavorful. Grilling the shrimp only takes 2-3 minutes in each side. Dinner is ready in under 30 minutes!
Tandoori Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 1/3 cup(s) , or plain non fat Greek yogurt
- kosher salt, 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp
- olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp
- curry powder, 1 tsp
- ground cumin, 1 tsp
- ground coriander, 1 tsp
- granulated garlic,1 tsp
- ground ginger, 1/2 tsp
- uncooked shrimp, 1 pound(s) , large, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray, 1 spray(s)
- cilantro, 2 Tbsp , fresh, chopped
- Combine yogurt, salt, lemon juice, oil, curry powder, cumin, coriander, garlic and ginger in a large bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature or covered, up to 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Divide shrimp among 4 metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them for 20 minutes before use).
- Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill skewers until shrimp are cooked through (opaque) and slightly firm, flipping once, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve garnished with cilantro.
The next time you think you should just go out for dinner, think about something this fast, this delicious, and this cost-effective instead. You get choice seating, a view of HOME and a satisfied appetite! I can’t wait to make these again!!
With love from my country kitchen,