Whether you have to eat Gluten-free, or you just love a good peanut butter-chocolate chip bar, this recipe is going to make your stomach smile! There’s no butter in these bars, but the peanut butter makes up for all the creaminess the butter would give! These take literally minutes to pull together, then only require 22 minutes in the oven, which means you are 30 minutes away from a delicious treat! These cut beautifully, and were just a perfect sweet any time of the day! This recipe came from WellPlated.com – a blog that is filled with lots of healthy and delicious recipes! I found her via Pinterest – where else?!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup creamy or crunch peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats – I used Quick oats and they worked fine!
- Place rack in the center of your oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, then mix on medium low, just until incorporated. By hand, stir in the chocolate chips and oats.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 22 minutes, until golden and the top is set. Let cool completely in the pan. Remove, slice and serve.
We don’t eat Gluten-free, but these will stay in my recipe box because they’re just plain ol’ good!
With love from my country kitchen,