During the Coronavirus, I began keeping a daily log of blessings. It’s so easy to focus on the negatives and forget the joys of each day, isn’t it?! Looking back in my pictures on my phone is a good way to make my list. Here are some of this week’s favorites.
A Saturday bread delivery. I’ve continued to bake Sour Dough each week and then my husband and I go out together to drop off a little loaf to folks in our church family. What a joy to see our friends and give them something to enjoy.
I have permission to share photos of my sweet grandsons, so I get to tell you about our Jeep picnic to Chick-Fil-A! We pulled into a parking lot, opened the back door and I sat between them and we ate our lunch while Pappa stood in front of us. They LOVED that! It was a good thing just to get out and do something outside of the house! Of course these two make it even more fun!
Another day, I got to stay with one of the boys while the other had an appointment. I pray about being intentional in my time with them, and decided to teach him a Bible lesson about Peter preaching to the people and telling them Jesus loved them. After our lesson, we used this “phone” to tell each other, “Jesus loves you!” He was so surprised that he could hear me whisper when he was all the way on the other side of the room! It was some old fashioned fun and a sweet reminder that we need to share the Gospel message with others!
I found this black frame in a closet and decided to make a “wreath out of it. Crafting is always a bright spot in my day!
I was so happy to have some warm temperatures this week! I got to sit on the porch and eat my lunch. What a special blessing…especially because we have more rain in the forecast!
Next week I’m going to have a little get-away with my sisters! We’re so excited about the chance to be together and also have a change of scenery! You won’t see me here on the blog, but I’ll be back the next week!
What was the highlight of your week?
Refresh yourself with some things that make you smile!
I always enjoy hearing from others what they buy or love! It helps me to make some good choices for myself! Here are a few things I’m enjoying that you might like, too!
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. I don’t indulge in this very often, but when I want a cold coffee, this is my choice!! I’m not usually a fan of pumpkin flavor in my coffee, but this one is absolutely delicious! I love Starbucks Sweet Cream cold brew, but this one is over the top with the frothy pumpkin goodness that’s floating above the coffee!
- Profusion Matte Eyeshadow palette – $5.95? Are you kidding me? This palette has no shimmer. It is a really nice size! I love the colors. Also, the color is nicely pigmented!! It’s such a great deal and a wonderful product! I found it here on Amazon.
- Maybelline Tattoo Studio Brow Gel – Though I haven’t tried this, my mom recently purchased it and loves it. It looks perfect on her and it really does last 24 – 48 hours. If you’re looking for an eyebrow color that stays put, this is your product!
- Weiman Washing Machine Cleaner – I found this at TJ Maxx and had to try it. It doesn’t necessarily help with the rim of the washer, but it freshens up the inside of the machine. I was noticing a stale smell inside the washer, even though I leave the door open after a load has finished. This really makes the machine smell clean and fresh!
- The Cozy Minimalist Home – I read this book a month ago and it has been such a help! She doesn’t really emphasize having nothing for decor, but using what you love in a way that makes an impact. If you have a space you don’t love, she will guide you through steps to get it in shape. Her process is so wise and helpful. I’ve only applied this process to one room so far, but I can’t wait to get to the next rooms!
- Chocolate Stuffed Marshmallows – As you know from this post, I am a huge fan of S’mores! Recently while visiting my parents, my mom brought out a tiny plate for me with a melted marshmallow on it. I spooned a bite into my mouth and then tasted melted chocolate that was inside the marshmallow! Oh my word!!! These are so good. What fun way to make a simple s’more without a fire! Pop it into the microwave and place it on a graham cracker and Voila! These are dangerous, folks (in the very best sense of the word!)!
I hope my loves give you something new to try!
What new thing are you loving?
I’m in California this weekend speaking at a retreat. Pray for me, will you? Pray that Christ will be exalted and that women will be challenged and changed by the Word of God! Thank you!
Refresh yourself with something new!
This has been a week full of little blessings. God is always at work, but sadly I miss it too often. Here are some of my favorite refreshments!
- My favorite photo:
The sunset coming home from Prayer meeting was fabulous!
“What will the sky look like when Christ returns?” my husband asked.
“Like that!” I replied!”
I’m looking for Him! Are you?
2. My favorite new trick:
This rose napkin fold! Put a FORK (yes, a fork!) in the middle of a napkin that is spread out on the table. Put the fold between the tines of the fork and then start to turn the fork slowly. Voila! A rose will appear!! I popped the center of the rose up a bit to mimic a real flower. I put it on the plate, but it would be pretty in a cup, too! Continue reading “Friday Favorites”
I love it when people find a great product and then share it with me! So let me do the same favor for you on this Friday post! All these products are under $10 and most are way under that!
- Izzio Half Bread Loaves – Recently my mom told me about half loaves of bread she’d purchased at Kroger. Since there are only two people that live at our house now, it can take a while to finish a loaf of bread. Eight pieces is perfect! Also, each slice has only 15 grams of carbs, which is close to half the amount of most breads! But the real reason I love these breads is because they’re delicious!! This sour dough is so good toasted in the morning!
Continue reading “My Recent New Favorites”
From cleaning products to make-up, here are four things that I’ve discovered recently and am enjoying so much I thought you might like to know about them!
Continue reading “Four Things I’m Loving!”